Eligible serving employees/pensioners have to apply in the prescribed form (available on CGHS Website and in the Wellness Centres)
The form should be completely filled up with individual photographs pasted as specified in the form
Following documents need to be attached
In case of serving employee:
1. Proof of residence.
2. Proof of age of son.
3. In case of differently abled dependent son above 25 years, disability certificate from competent authority as specified.
In case of pensioners:
In addition to 2 & 3 above:
1. Surrender certificate of CGHS Card (only if CGHS Card was issued during Service Period).
2. Attested copies of PPO/Provisional PPO/Last Pay Certificate (in case PPO is not readily available immediately after retirement).
3. Demand Draft in the name Additional Director, CGHS Bangalore, payable at Bengaluru.
4. Certificate regarding non drawal of Fixed Medical Allowance(FMA) should be mentioned in the PPO/ LPC/ or recent certificates should be obtained from the bank.
5. Requisition for Pensionerís CGHS card(s) shall be accompanied by three copies of recent 3 x 5 cm size individual photographs of all family members of the retiring employee, one set of which shall be pasted on the application form and shall be attested by a Gazetted Officer in charge of administration (other than CGHS). Another set of photographs shall be signed on the back by the concerned beneficiary and enclosed with the application form for onward submission to the Office of Additional Director (HQ).
The amount of Demand Draft will be for contribution due for one year if the card is to be made for yearly renewal basis and for 10 years if whole life card is required.
Channel of submission: In case of serving employees the application is to be submitted through the department, duly sponsored by the sponsoring authority. In case of Pensioners, the application with relevant enclosures are to be submitted to the Office of The Addl. Director, Bengaluru.
There is provision for making pensioner CGHS card while in Service at the time of superannuation.