In case the identity card is lost, the beneficiary should lodge a complaint with the police station and also report the matter to the CMO In-charge of the dispensary, the sponsoring Department/ Ministry, and to the Additional Director, CGHS in the city.

A duplicate identity card shall be issued if the original card is lost, by the authority who had issued the original card, on receipt of an application in this respect along with following documents:

1.      Copy of FIR from police station.

2.      Copy of complaint lodged with the police about the loss of original card.

3.      Charges for issue of a duplicate by way of a postal order favouring PAO, CGHS of the respective region, for a sum of Rs 50/- (in case of plastic card).

4.      Two photographs.